- 4 Harris Teeter beef tenderloin filets, 6 to 8 ounces
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons horseradish, prepared
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- Let cream cheese stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon, horseradish, scallions, and lemon juice. Mix until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly coat the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turn, and cook an additional 4 minutes. Turn one of the grill burners off and place the steaks over that burner.
- Spread roughly 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each steak. Close the lid of the grill and cook until final desired temperature is reached (medium rare, 135°F internal temperature).
- Remove the steaks and let stand for a few minutes before eating.
Serving suggestion: mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and steamed broccoli.