A Grill/Broil recipe with Harris Teeter USDA Certified Tender Tenderloin
Caribbean Crusted Tenderloin
- 2 2-pound Harris Teeter beef tenderloins
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place oil, cumin, garlic, lime juice, cilantro and pepper in a food processor, and process to a smooth paste.
- Place tenderloins in a large shallow baking dish or pan. Rub all marinade paste over tenderloins. Cover, and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove tenderloins from the dish. Do not wipe off excess marinade. Season with salt.
- Grill 20 minutes or until meat reaches 135° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove from grill, and let rest 10 minutes. Slice on the bias, ½ inch thick, and arrange on a serving platter.
- Serve with Roasted New Potatoes and Broccoli (recipe below).
Roasted New Potatoes and Broccoli
- 12 new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 crown broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place potatoes in a 13 x 9-inch roasting pan, and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast 20 minutes, turning potatoes a few times during roasting. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with cumin.
- In a saucepan with a small amount of water, steam broccoli 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and add lime juice to broccoli. Combine broccoli and potatoes in large bowl, and toss together.