A Grill/Broil recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Eye of round or Reserve Angus Round steak
Chipotle Salsa Steak
- 1-pound Harris Teeter beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups prepared chipotle salsa
- 2 medium limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Flour tortillas, warmed (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine salsa, lime zest, lime juice and cumin in small bowl. Place steak in resealable plastic bag. Pour 3/4 cup salsa marinade over steak and turn steak to coat. Close bag securely, and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight. Cover, and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for sauce.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill 3/4-inch-thick steak 8 to 9 minutes (1-inch-thick steak 16 to 18 minutes) for medium-rare doneness.
- Meanwhile, stir 3 tablespoons cilantro into reserved marinade. Carve steak into thin slices. Serve with sauce and tortillas, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.