A Grill/Broil/Marinate recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Flank, Reserve Angus Inside skirt or USDA Certified Tender Top blade
Classic Fajitas with Grilled Pineapple
- 1 2-pound Harris Teeter beef inside skirt steak, ½-inch thick
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pineapple rings, canned or fresh, grilled and cut into small chunks
- 4 green onions, sliced ¼ inch, tops included
- 1 small red onion, diced ¼ inch
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 small avocadoes, diced ¼ inch
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour marinade into a resealable bag, and add steak. Press the air out of the bag, and seal. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- While the steak is marinating, prepare all fresh ingredients.
- Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Allow steak to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Grill steak on high for 4 to 6 minutes until it reaches 145° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium doneness, turning only once halfway through grilling time. Remove from grill, and let stand for 3 minutes before slicing against the grain into ¼-inch strips.
- Place pineapple on grill, and grill for 2 minutes, turning only once halfway through grilling. Warm flour tortillas in the microwave.
- Divide steak, grilled pineapple, green onions, red onions, cilantro and avocadoes evenly on warmed flour tortillas. Drizzle with sour cream, and roll up. Serve with refried black beans and Mexican rice.