A Grill/Broil/Marinate recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Petite tender
Oriental Steak Salad
- 1 1-pound Harris Teeter beef shoulder petite tenders
- 1 bag (6 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, orange juice, ginger and garlic. Place tender in a resealable plastic bag, and pour marinade over tender. Seal bag, and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove meat from marinade, and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill to high. Grill tender on high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat reaches 145° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium doneness, turning only once. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Slice ¼ inch thick. Set aside, and keep warm.
- For dressing, combine orange juice, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Mix salad greens, oranges, onions and almonds together, and toss with dressing. Divide evenly on 2 plates, and top with sliced beef.